today iCopy 1.45 has been released.
It includes many bugfixes and code improvements regarding interface, performance and functionality.
First of all, now iCopy is really portable and stores all its settings in his folder, in an XML file called icopy.settings. The .zip version doesn’t touch any other folder or registry key in your computer. I also worked on the interface and on the startup performance and fixed a number of bugs that occurred with some scanners.
I wish to thank FNW for his precious help and his suggestion.
- INSTALLER: iCopy1.45setup.exe
- PORTABLE: icopy1.45.zip (simply extract to a folder on your computer and then run icopy.exe)
Please note: Only installer version supports registration to scanner button.
- ADDED: Splash screen on starup
- CHANGED: Settings are now saved in iCopy directory instead of User’s AppData folder
- CHANGED: Error reporting functionality improved
- FIX: Only part of the scanner bed area is acquired with some scanners (eg. Canon CanoScan LiDE 100, Canon CanoScan LiDE 600F, HP OfficeJet J4680)
- FIX: An exception could be thrown when the scanner is busy
- FIX: Only one process of iCopy can be launched at a time
- FIX: Startup performance improved
- FIX: Not all values set in enlargment textbox were accepted
- FIX: Less alarming message when no scanner is connected
- FIX: Small GUI refinements to make all languages appear correctly
- FIX: Other minor bugfixes and code improvements